Sun International and SEACOM are proud to present the second edition of the Corporate Masters Golf Tournament.
Join us as we tee it up at the Gary Player Country Club and Lost City Golf Course, Sun City Resort from the 5th – 8th August 2018.
We welcome Corporate South Africa to compete in this 36 hole team event at Sun City and we look forward to hosting to you later this year.
Corporate Masters Golf Tournament
Sunday, 5 August
to Wednesday, 8 August 2018
The Gary Player Country Club and Lost City Golf Course,
Sun City Resort
|Packages Incl. 15% VAT||SOHO HOTEL|
|Golfer Sharing||R9 500.00|
|Golfer Single||R12 500.00|
|Non-Golfer Sharing||R6 500.00|
- 3 nights accommodation on bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Dinners including: Welcome Function, Party Night and Awards Ceremony
- 1 Round of Tournament Golf at the Gary Player Country Club incl. Halfway House (strictly walking course only)
- 1 Round of Tournament golf at the Lost City Golf Course incl. Halfway House and Golf Cart
- Commemorative Gift
- Loads of exciting prizes
- Great Entertainment
Maximum 100 Betterball Teams
A team consists of two amateurs and are required to have an OFFICIAL HANDICAP
- 36 Holes
- Team Betterball Stableford competition
- 1 Round at the Gary Player Country Club
- 1 Round at the Lost City Golf Course
- Will be available on Sunday night the 5th August
- Two tee start
- Tuesday’s draw will be a mixed draw
- Best Dressed Corporate Team
- Nearest the Pin
- Longest Drive
- Team daily prizes
- Overall Prizes for the Corporate Masters tournament
- Gary Player Country Club and Lost City Golf Course
- 18 holes: R595.00 per person including Halfway House and Golf Sharing (Lost City Golf Course Only)
Call Sun City Golf reservations on 014 557 1245/6
ENTRIES CLOSE ON THE 20 JULY 2018
The event is closed for registrations.
Tournament and Event enquiries
Contact name: Ian Smith
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile number: 083 577 2777
Sponsorship opportunities and Information
Contact name: Warren Rudolph
Contact email: email@example.com
Landline number: 031 566 8220
Mobile number: 071 680 3778
Entry and Booking Confirmations
Contact name: Amina Motala
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun International complies with POPIA. POPIA refers to South Africa's Protection of Personal Information Act which seeks to regulate the Processing of Personal Information.
POPIA promotes transparency with regard to what information is collected for and how it is to be processed.
POPIA compliance involves capturing the minimum required data, ensuring accuracy, security and removing data that is no longer required. Compliance demands identifying Personal Information and taking reasonable measures to protect the data. This will likely reduce the risk of data breaches and the associated public relations and legal ramifications for the organisation.
By responding to the email invitation, and registering for our event, you acknowledge permission regarding communication from Sun International via email and SMS.
Contact detailsTournament and Event enquiries, please email Ian Smith or call 083 577 2777
Sponsorship opportunities and Information, please email Warren Rudolph or call 031 566 8220 or 071 680 3778
Entry and Booking Confirmations, please email Amina Motala
Tournament Rules (Terms & Conditions)
- Each betterball team player must be an employee of the corporate company entering the Corporate Masters.
- Complete the online entry form that is available. Once you have completed your entry form you will receive an automated email confirming that your entry has been received and a dedicated Sun International consultant will contact you within 48 hours.
- Please note that payment is due within 48 hours of receiving a final confirmation and invoice from Sun International. The full package needs be paid in full prior to the tournament commencing
- Payments can only be made upon receiving an Invoice from Sun International. Please use your Company name and Confirmation number as your payment reference.
- Proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com
- All golfers must stay at Sun City
- Accommodation is allocated on a first come served basis and is subject to availability.
- A cancellation made 7 days or more working days prior to arrival date will entitle you to a full refund. All refunds requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cancellation within 7 working days of arrival will result in a cancellation fee of one nights accommodation being charged
- In the event of a "No Show" the full package price will be applicable
Format of Play:
- The Format of the Corporate Masters is a betterball stableford competition over 36 holes. A combined betterball stableford score over two days will determine the Corporate Masters Champions. Each team will play the Gary Player Country Club and the Lost City Golf Course.
- Companies may enter as many betterball teams as they wish. Companies may enter a four ball, but will play in the betterball stableford format.
- The draw will be determined on the number of teams entered and will be made available 24 hours before tee off and at the tournament managements discretion.
- Day two draw will be a mixed draw at the discretion of tournament management. This draw will only be available on the night of the final day.
- All teams are required to arrive on the 5 August for the tournament briefing, rules and registration, followed by a cocktail function.
- Golfers are required to register 45 minutes prior to their tee at the respective course on each day.
- All golfers require an official handicap to enter the Corporate Masters. Upon entry, golfers are required to produce their SAGA ID Number, home course and official handicap. Should a player have an international handicap, he must supply proof of handicap from his official national registered golf association/club.
- Tournament management has the right to check all golfers’ handicaps prior and during the tournament.
- At the tournament managements discretion, we have the right to adjust, query a golfer’s handicap, should they feel the need to do so.
- The South African Golfers Association (SAGA) recognizes the Corporate Masters, and we are required to abide by the rules of golf set out herein.
- ScoreCapture will be providing the live scoring for both days. It is compulsory to enter the scores on the device after completion of each hole. One device per four ball.
- Each match are required to hand in two scorecards after their round with two signatures. Score recording area will be clearly marked at each golf club.
- Golfers will compete each day on their applicable handicap and are obliged to enter their scores on the National Handicap System (HNA).
- Handicaps will be fixed for the duration of the tournament.
- All players are required to tee off from the Corporate Masters tee markers
- Lady golfers will tee off from the light green tees.
- No Forward Tees.
Caddies and Spotters:
- Each player on the Gary Player Country Club will be allocated a caddie - The Gary Player Country Club is strictly a walking course only. Should a golfer require a golf cart for medical reasons, the golfer should produce a medical certificate and the allocation of the cart is subject to the final decision of the tournament directors.
- NB: Playing Partners or other golfers may not make use of this cart.
- One golf cart per betterball team will be allocated on the Lost City Golf Course, with one caddie/ spotter per team – (2 Caddies per 4 ball)
- The package includes caddies as set out above. Should you wish to tip your caddy/spotter will be at your own discretion after the round.
Betterball Stableford: Day 1.
- Each company four-ball comprises of two pre determined betterball teams.
- Each two-ball team will represent their company in a betterball stableford format.
- 36 Holes betterball stableford scoring. The combined betterball scores over two days will determine the Corporate Master Champions.
- All golfers MUST complete each hole on both days until such time they are unable to score any points. “NO GIMMIES” permitted. Pick your ball if you are unable to contribute to the team score.
Betterball Stableford: Day 2.
- Betterball teams will be subject to a mixed draw for day two on the alternate course. Day two betterball scores will be added to day one betterball scores for the overall winners.
Results on a count out:
Betterball Stableford Count out rules:
- Rule 1: The lowest combined handicaps, if there is still no result then;
- Rule 2: The best back 9 holes (10 – 18 Hole), if there is still no result then
- Rule 3: Tournament Committees decision
- The Corporate Masters Champions will be invited by Sun International to participate in the Pro Am at The Nedbank Golf Challenge Pro-Am hosted by Gary Player.
General Rules of the Corporate Masters
- Rule 4-2 g SAGA04/18
- All local rules will apply as stipulated at the relevant golf course. Each course may have its own set of rules due to its layout. Local rules will be available during the event handed out to each player at registration.
- The 'Rules of Golf', as approved by the South African Golfers Association (SAGA), apply. The Corporate Masters is in accordance with the rules of Golf as approved by the R & A Rules Limited and the South African Golfers Association.
- Should a player be substituted; it is the responsibility of the team to notify the tournament managers of the substitution prior to the tournament starting. The substitute MUST abide by the rules set out for the tournament and shall fulfill the same criteria as the rest of the field.
- Substitution may not accepted during the course of play or the tournament. Should a player be substituted for any reason whatsoever, that team will be unable to compete for the main prize, but are eligible to win daily prizes.
- A participant can only be a member of ONE Team, which lasts for the duration of the Competition
- Team members may assist each other with putting lines etc.
- When a player and a marker do not agree upon a rule he/she may play a second ball until a referee can resolve the dispute. Should a referee be unavailable at the time of dispute, continue with the decision and resolve the dispute after the round before signing your scorecard.
- All entrants must familiarize themselves with the rules set out.
- Sun City’s Professional Rule Executives will be onsite at all times. This Committee will deal with any rule / other queries. These Executives will also convene as the tournament rules committee. This committee is chaired by the Sun City Director of Golf.
Limits for Touring Professional and PGA professional golfers:
- Limits for Touring Professional golfers and Club Pro’s:
- The PGA rules will apply
- Professional Tour players, as defined in section 3.21 of SAGA rules, are to play off a +6 handicap when competing with amateurs in a competition where the club/ tournament concerned has permitted the professional’s participation.
- PGA Professionals are permitted to play off a scratch handicap.
- Specialty prizes such as; longest drive, nearest the pin competitions may not be awarded to either Touring Professionals or PGA Professionals.
Sun International Standard Terms and Conditions apply